A giant pool of water. A greatly enlarged bathtub. A miniature lake. From these simple concepts emerged the modern residential swimming pool. For hundreds of years, going all the way back to the ancient Greeks and Romans, swimming pools have been admired and enjoyed. Still today, many homeowners dream of owning their own private swimming pool. So why are pools so popular? What’s the great appeal? Should you consider buying a pool? To better understand their charm, today we’re discussing the many benefits of owning a pool.
Benefits of Owning a Pool
- A (private) pool lets you avoid public pools. Public pools can be frustrating: the crowds, the lack of chairs, the “accidents,” and the struggle to keep track of your kids. Plus, you have to spend time packing up the car, remembering essentials like sunscreen and goggles, and preparing your wet children for the car ride home. When you have a pool of your own, all of these stress inducers will magically disappear! The pool will be as private, relaxing, clean, and fun as you want it to be.
- A pool doubles as gym equipment. Although pools are great for splashing around or relaxing on rafts, they can also promote fitness and health through low-impact exercise. Swimming laps is the most common choice of workout, but you can also practice aerobics in your pool. The water will add extra resistance but minimize the pressure on your joints, easing pain. Plus, on very hot summer days, swimming is one of the very few appealing outdoor exercises!
- A pool is a great gathering and entertaining spot. Pool party! If you love to entertain, pools make for a wonderful gathering spot, especially if you surround your pool with lounge chairs, picnic tables, or perhaps a barbecue pit. People of all ages enjoy pools, but your children would be especially thrilled. For more private homeowners, pools are still a great place for the family to gather, chat, and relax.
- A pool can help you learn to swim or improve your swimming technique. This is one of the best benefits of owning a pool, because swimming is a vital skill that could save your life someday. If you or your children have never learned to swim, a private pool is the perfect place to learn. You’ll have all the space, time, and privacy you need. More advanced swimmers can also practice different strokes, dives, and tricks.
- A pool is a great place to relax and enjoy a “staycation.” When you live in the middle of the country like we do, a day trip to the beach is impossible and a tropical vacation can be pricey. Luckily, with a private pool, you can enjoy a relaxing “staycation” at your own home. Floating on a raft, sipping a tropical drink, or lounging beneath an umbrella, you’ll feel like you’re in Florida if you close your eyes!
– – – – –
Are you planning to purchase a pool? If you live in or near Springfield, Missouri, contact the top pool builder in the area: Fishel Pools. With nearly forty years of experience, you can feel confident trusting us with the design, installation, and upkeep of your residential or commercial pool. For more information, please give us a call at 417-886-6699 or use our toll-free number, 800-994-2090. We look forward to hearing from you!