Isn’t it wonderful when the things we already love also benefit our health? Blueberries boast antioxidants, walking your dog is great exercise, a good night’s sleep is essential, and even spas offer a variety of health benefits. It’s true! Although many people assume that hot tubs are simply a fun place to relax and unwind, they can also be a great advantage to your health. Scroll down to check out the top ten health benefits of a spa.
Top 10 Health Benefits of a Spa
1. Muscle relaxation. When you combine heat and water stimulation, it’s only natural that your muscles will relax. After a tense day at work or a difficult workout, the muscle relaxation offered by a spa can be very therapeutic.
2. Increased blood flow. The hot water also increases your blood flow and improves your circulation, which can boost your daily health and elevate your mood.
3. Lower blood pressure. In as little as twenty minutes, your blood pressure can be reduced by the warming of your blood vessels (which will dilate). Unless your blood pressure is already low, this is a good thing, because the lower your blood pressure, the lower your risk of a stroke or heart disease.
4. Reduced joint stress. The buoyancy offered by a hot tub is the perfect way to soothe your sore joints. The water supports about 90% of your weight, so your feet, knees, and ankles, which support your body’s weight every day, can have good rest.
5. Ease arthritis pain. Going along with that last benefit, because hot tubs reduce the stress placed on your joints, they can also ease arthritis pain. Combining buoyancy, warmth, and a water massage is like therapy for those suffering from arthritis.
6. Therapeutic muscle massage. If your muscles are sore or tense, the therapeutic muscle massage offered in a spa will be very beneficial and relaxing. Anyone can enjoy this aspect of hot tubs.
7. A better night’s sleep. Do you have trouble getting to sleep or sleeping through the night? Because a spa can relieve stress and anxiety, it can also help you have a better night’s sleep. Adding spa time to your nightly routine may reduce your insomnia.
9. Reduced blood sugar levels. That same study also showed that following time in the hot tub, participants had reduced blood sugar levels. Because of this, it can be beneficial for people with diabetes. However, if your blood sugar is already low, it’s important that you’re aware of this effect and remain careful and alert.
10. Alleviate stress. Finally, one of the most well-known and well-loved benefits of a spa is that it can reduce your stress levels and alleviate anxiety. So sit back, clear your mind, and enjoy the moment!
– – – – –
Now that you know about the many health benefits of a spa, are you ready to take the plunge and purchase a new hot tub? If you live in or near Springfield, Missouri, contact the top pool builder in the area: Fishel Pools. We’ve partnered with Aspen Spas (of St. Louis, Missouri) to provide you with a wide range of hot tubs that you can personalize to suit your needs. To check out your options, stop by our showroom at 1856 S Stewart Ave., and for more information, please give us a call at 417-886-6699 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!